About Market Share
Market Share, the official blog for commercial real estate, is published by NAIOP. It is a vehicle for commentary and analysis on commercial real estate and issues affecting the development industry. Market Share features posts from noted industry experts and commentators from a wide variety of perspectives, as well as regular NAIOP contributors and staff.
Market Share seeks submissions of news, outlooks and editorials about commercial real estate. Before being published on Market Share, all posts are reviewed by editorial staff for timeliness, relevance, originality, and constructive commentary (but are not subject to a formal peer review). Not every submission is accepted for publication. Submissions under consideration for publication elsewhere will not be considered. Posts may be edited in collaboration with authors before publication.
How to Submit
Potential posts, as well as follow-up correspondence, may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Submit
Before submitting a post for consideration, authors are encouraged to review content recently published on Market Share to get a sense of both the style and content of the blog. The most successful posts are written to be interesting and applicable to the wide range of readers. Blog writers should not shy away from complex or specialized topics, but should explain those topics in a manner understandable to readers interested in commercial real estate development who may not be completely versed in the particular area being discussed.
Unlike traditional research manuscripts that often begin with a long wind-up and extended background early in the piece, typical blog posts are structured like essays or op-eds, with a strong, clear explanation of the issue and key themes upfront.
In addition, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Submit posts as a Word document.
- Include a title.
- Include author bio(s) and color headshot(s), or links to same (unless you have already supplied these for previous posts)
- Please indicate any conflicts of interests, financial or otherwise, that would not be obvious from the authors’ bios or the text of the post; this would include any funding sources, as well as undisclosed affiliations that are relevant to the subject/content of your post).
- If possible, attach applicable images in jpeg, gif, or png format.
- If possible, embed hyperlinks in the text instead of using endnotes or footnotes.
Anyone is welcome to comment on Market Share posts. Before being published on the blog, all comments are reviewed by editorial staff for relevance and decorum. Users must refrain from inappropriate language, personal attacks, or the sharing of any confidential or false information. All comments may not be published.
How to Comment
- Use the form provided at the end of the blog post.
- Insert your first and last name or login with an existing personal social media account.
- Insert your email address* (this will not be published).
- Provide a link to your website, if applicable.
- Enter your comment.
- Check the box if you would like to receive an email if someone else comments on the post (authors will be automatically notified of published comments).
- Submit comment.
Follow Market Share
You may sign up for email alerts, Twitter or RSS feeds from Market Share to be alerted whenever new content is posted.